Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) Certification
About Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) Certification
Close the educational technology skills gap
The Microsoft Certified Educator Program is a professional development program that bridges the gap between technology skills and innovative teaching. Educators holding a Microsoft Certified Educator certification can prove they have the skills needed to provide rich, customized learning experiences for their students that incorporate critical 21st-century skills using Microsoft tools. Benefits of implementing the Microsoft Certified Educator professional development and certification program at your institution include:
- Ensures faculty/staff have a basic understanding of Microsoft Education tools
- Ensures faculty/staff can demonstrate how to successfully incorporate 21st century into lessons
- Ensures faculty/staff know which Microsoft Education tools can support which specific 21st-century skills
- Provides access to free effective professional development
- Provides reliable validation of ICT investments
Get Certified and Close the Technology Skills Gap!
Details and Policies
MCE (exam is 60 minutes):
- 62-193 Technology Literacy for Educators – 35-42 Questions
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait 24 hours before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait 7 days before retaking the exam a third time.
- A seven-day waiting period will be imposed for each subsequent exam retake.
- A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months). This 12-month period starts from the first attempt. The candidate is then eligible to retake the exam 12 months from the date of the first attempt. In order to take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
- If a candidate achieves a passing score on an MCE exam, the candidate cannot take it again.
A valid voucher is required for each exam attempt. Do not schedule an exam past the expiration date of the voucher. If the voucher is expired, you must purchase a new voucher. To purchase a single take voucher, voucher with retake, voucher with retake + practice test, or voucher with retake + practice test + training bundles, visit our store and check for special offers — CLICK HERE. If you already have your voucher and ready to schedule, click SCHEDULE NOW! and schedule your exam.
A Certiport voucher is a 16 character code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX). If you purchased a voucher or was issued a voucher from your school or organization, please assign the voucher to your Certiport account, immediately. This ensures the voucher is valid for the exam you are taking. Make sure the name of the voucher correlates to the exam you are taking.
If you purchased a voucher with a retake, the retake is issued ONLY if the exam is failed. A voucher is valid for one exam attempt. A retake is valid for one retake attempt. A retake voucher can only be used for the exam that was not passed. It cannot be used for a different exam.