IC3 Digital Literacy Certification (IC3)
About IC3 Digital Literacy Certification (IC3)
Technology has become a part of our everyday lives, and understanding how to function in environments that require the use of computers and the Internet is more critical now than ever before. So, whether you plan to pursue a career in IT, or simply become more effective with technology, IC3 Digital Literacy Certification is the place to start.
Get Certified and Gain the Basic Knowledge of Technology!
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 6
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 6 (GS6) is the latest version of the IC3 Digital Literacy program. This program has been restructured to address current computing concepts, including cloud and mobile technologies; to align closely with educational requirements and ensure learners of all ages can validate their understanding of Digital Literacy. IC3 Digital Literacy allows candidates to demonstrate their ability to select and use the appropriate research, productivity, collaboration, and communications tools, to find reliable information, create content, communicate safely, and identify credibility and bias in modern digital environments.
The new structure is a comprehensive set of stackable certifications across seven digital literacy domains. It is composed of three exams, each awarding its certificate, that validate an understanding of each domain at the basic, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Level 1 measures knowledge of fundamental concepts and essential components.
- Level 2 requires a working knowledge of each of the seven skill groups.
- Level 3 validates an advanced understanding of digital literacy and indicates that the candidate has the technical foundation needed to advance successfully along their educational and employment paths and support the development of more specialized technological skills.
When a candidate successfully passes all three Global Standard Six certification exams, they are awarded the IC3 Digital Literacy Master Certification and a Master Badge which display an advanced understanding of the concepts and principles within the IC3 Digital Literacy program objective domains.
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 5
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 5 (GS5) is a previous version of the IC3 Digital Literacy program. Like its predecessors, the GS5 certification is comprised of three exams: Computing Fundamentals, Living Online, and Key Applications. Certiport is committed to providing a truly global standard, and as digital standards and requirements advance, so does IC3 Digital Literacy. Best of all, because IC3 Digital Literacy includes concepts and skills that apply to almost any school or career pathway, it’s the ideal solution for any student or jobseeker looking to validate their digital skills.
With a focus on those new to computers, the IC3 Spark certification addresses the same foundational concepts as its precursor – the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification. While both certifications target issues arising from the increasing demands of technology, IC3 Spark is created for people who may be new to computers and the Internet, or who lack a solid foundation in digital concepts.
IC3 Fast Track
IC3 Fast Track is a digital literacy skills assessment that can be used to gauge the skill set of incoming students or job candidates. Based on the globally recognized IC3 Digital Literacy Certification, IC3 Fast Track can help assess an individual’s ability to perform in any environment where the use of technology is required. Fast Track is available on the GMetrix learning platform.
IC3 Fast Track is the best way to ensure that your students or employees are up to speed!
IC PHP Developer Fundamentals
The IC PHP Developer Fundamentals exam is an entry-level certification designed to validate the fundamental knowledge of technology that candidates will need to pursue a career in software development. As the first step to more advanced coding certifications, IC PHP is the ideal starting point for any candidate who is interested in PHP coding, but who may have limited experience with programming or coding.
- IC PHP Developer Fundamental Overview Datasheet
- IC PHP Developer Fundamentals overview presentation
- IC PHP Developer Fundamentals sample certificate
- IC PHP Developer Fundamentals sample certificate (A4)
Details and Policies
IC3 GS6 (each exam is 50 minutes):
- Level 1 – 45 Questions
- Level 2 – 45 Questions
- Level 3 – 40 Questions
IC3 GS5 (each exam is 50 minutes):
- Living Online – 50 Questions
- Computing Fundamentals – 50 Questions
- Key Applications – 45 Questions
- GS5 Spark – 45 Questions (50 minutes)
- IC PHP Developer Fundamentals – 40 Questions (50 minutes)
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait 24 hours before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait 2 days (48 hours) before retaking the exam a third time.
- A two-day waiting period will be imposed for each subsequent exam retake.
- There is no annual limit on the number of attempts on the same exam.
- If a candidate achieves a passing score on an IC3 exam, the candidate may take it again.
Test results found to violate this retake policy will result in the candidate not being awarded the attempted credential, regardless of the score.
This policy applies to both voucher-based and site-license-based Certiport Authorized Testing Centers.
IC PHP Developer Fundamentals
The IC PHP Developer Fundamentals exam retake policy is the same as the IC3 Digital Literacy retake policy terms listed above.
A valid voucher is required for each exam attempt. Do not schedule an exam past the expiration date of the voucher. If the voucher is expired, you must purchase a new voucher. To purchase a single take voucher, voucher with retake, voucher with retake + practice test, or voucher with retake + practice test + training bundles — CLICK HERE. If you are ready to schedule, click the blue SCHEDULE NOW! button and schedule your exam.
A Certiport voucher is a 16 character code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX). If you purchased a voucher or was issued a voucher from your school or organization, please assign the voucher to your Certiport account, immediately. This ensures the voucher is valid for the exam you are taking. Make sure the name of the voucher correlates to the exam you are taking.
If you purchased a voucher with a retake, the retake is issued ONLY if the exam is failed. A voucher is valid for one exam attempt. A retake is valid for one retake attempt. A retake voucher can only be used for the exam that was not passed. It cannot be used for a different exam.