App Development with Swift Certification Level 1
Swift. The language for first-time coders and full-time developers.
Swift is a robust and intuitive programming language created by Apple to build apps for iOS, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. App Development with Swift Level 1 certification recognizes knowledge of the Swift programming language, app developer tools, and core components of apps. Individuals who have passed the certification exam demonstrate foundational knowledge of Swift, Xcode, and app development tools covered by the App Development with Swift course from Apple.
The value of Swift Certification
Certification recognizes completion of the App Development with Swift course, validating students’ foundational skills with Swift, Xcode, and app development tools. Individuals are expected to have completed at least 150 hours of instructional time before taking the certification exam. Students who pass the certification exam will earn a digital badge they can place in a resume, portfolio, email, or share in social media.
People who are certified will learn:
Knowledge of Swift
- Discover, explore, and demonstrate how to use the fundamental building blocks of Swift.
- Learn the basic concepts of Swift programming including syntax, logic, structures, functions, and patterns.
Knowledge of App Development
- Learn the basics of the Apple Software Development Kit.
- Explore and use developer tools such as Playgrounds, Xcode, Simulator, and Interface Builder.
- Learn how to build and run iOS apps using Swift.
- Explore and learn common tools, technologies, interface elements, and design patterns used to build iOS apps.
- Learn the skills needed to build iOS apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Learn to use common iOS frameworks in hands-on app projects.